For many years, finding reliable and consistent information on the diagnosis and treatment of rare and
congenital orthopedic problems has been challenging. While the advent of the Internet offered patients and
their families a plethora of medical information, this abundance of material made it difficult for people to
decipher which materials were applicable to the needs of the individual patient.
Dr. Dror Paley is partnering with the MHE Research Foundation a (501c3 non profit) to offer educational
videos explaining the symptoms and innovative methods for treatment of rare bone diseases and limb length
discrepancies. These videos are designed for patients, their families and other healthcare professionals to
illustrate the underlying medical conditions and the techniques for their treatment.
Dr. Paley developed many of the techniques described in these educational videos, having specialized in limb
lengthening and deformity correction for more than twenty years. This website serves as an expert
resource for all those wishing to expand their knowledge of rare orthopedic conditions and the constant
evolution of their treatment methods.
The Paley Foundation was founded to further Dr. Paley’s mission of transforming the lives of children and
adults who suffer from rare and challenging congenital, developmental and post-traumatic orthopedic
conditions throughout the nation and the world. In carrying out our mission we strive to:
• Bring highly specialized, pioneering techniques to a wider range of children and adults who suffer from rare
and neglected bone diseases, limb deficiencies and skeletal abnormalities.
• Promote public awareness of Dr. Dror Paley’s innovative medical procedures throughout the medical
community, and to those who are afflicted.
• Educate and mentor orthopedic surgeons worldwide in the application of advanced techniques.
• Ease the trauma and burden of treatment on children and families by providing logistical assistance and
The funds from the Paley Foundation™ are used in a variety ways to further Dr. Paley’s commitment to
“Saving Limbs, Improving Lives.”
Funds from the Foundation are allocated to:
1. Ease the financial burden on patients by assisting them with supplemental expenses related to treatment
including travel, housing and durable medical equipment.
2. Purchase adaptive equipment such as spica cast car seats to loan to families.
3. Support research and educational programming.
4. Fund medical mission trips to developing countries.
Dror Paley, MD
May 2, 2011
Dror Paley, MD, FRCSC
|EXPERIENCED LIMB LENGTHENING SURGEON IN THE